We don't believe blanket policies help our service dogs, or the people who need them. However, there are a few basic requirements we have found to be necessary in order for people to be successful training their own dogs. Don't hesitate to contact us with questions about any of the following eligibility requirements.
Owner Eligibility Requirements
- You must be physically capable of training your own dog.
- You must be capable of using a computer for online learning as well as able to communicate with us via email and text messaging.
- You must be willing and able to finish all written, reading, and online assignments.
- You must be willing to take responsibility for your dog and follow your trainer's advice.
Dog Eligibility Requirements
If you already have a dog:
- Your dog must be between the ages of 3 months and four years old.
- Your dog must be physically healthy. A letter from your veterinarian will be required.
- Your dog must pass our evaluation process.
If you don’t have a dog:
We can help you find a dog that not only shows potential for service work that also fits your lifestyle.
Ready to learn more?
Click the button to learn about the application process.